As a non-profit organization, the NAMC focuses our efforts in three main areas:
Motherhood • Advocacy • Work/Life.
On November 8th, it was the Work/Life facet which took center stage during our 18th Annual NAMC Work/Life Conference held at Crest Hollow Country Club in Woodbury, New York.
The 18th Annual NAMC Work/Life Conference offered a series of presentations and workshops designed to explore the:
- Elements of work/life success
- Benefits of an educated workforce
- Important options for caregivers
All aspects which truly help motivate, educate and innovate at home and at work. Take a look!
A Motivating Morning
The morning began with keynote speaker Domenique Camacho Moran, who talked to a packed audience on how educating your workforce can boost your bottom line.
Morning Keynote Presenter, Domenique Camacho Moran, Esq. Partner with Farrell Fritz PC
That presentation was followed by workshops to further motivate, educate and innovate the conference attendees.
- Ana C. Shields, Esq. and Kimberly N. Dobson, Esq. of Jackson Lewis LLP, educated us at a session titled: “Leave” Me Alone! Handling Medical Leave Under Federal and State Law
- Jennifer B. Cona, Esq. and Melissa Negrin-Wiener, Esq. of Genser Dubow Genser & Cona, LLP presented innovative ideas on what working caregivers need to know about aging parents
- Lidia Szczepanowski, Esq. of Everything Lidia, Inc. motivated her audience about boosting employees’ confidence and personal safety
- Susan Ganz from The Center for Wealth Preservation taught ideas to avoid financial pitfalls through guidelines for managing one’s financial life
- Christine Herzlinger, President/CEO of DFW Testing discussed innovative ways to institute drug and alcohol testing programs which increase revenue, productivity and morale
- Nicole Chamblin of Visions Productivity Solutions educated attendees in the session: Knowledge Preservation – Improve Your Productivity
Honoring Workplace Flexibility and Successes
After the morning sessions, lunch was served and there was a reception honoring the recipients of the 2013 Alfred P. Sloan Award for Excellence in Workplace Flexibility…
… followed by a luncheon presentation of: The Voices of Work/Life: Hear Their Stories. Reminiscent of our Mothers in the Workforce Interview Series here on the Mothers Central Blog, this discussion inspired our audience as they listened to the unique stories of work/life flexibility, dedication and persistence of corporate leaders who have managed success in both their personals and professional lives.
(From left to right in above image) Domenique Camacho Moran, Farrell Fritz; Margaret Krumholz, Disc Graphics;
Vince Palazzolo, CPI Aerostructures, Inc.; Anne Shybunko Moore, GSE Dynamics, Inc.; Jane Duggan, TD Bank;
Aoifa O’Donnell (Moderator), National EAP, Inc.,
Ongoing Education and Innovative Voices
The afternoon proceeded with the final Keynote speaker of the day—Judy Martin, Founder of WorkLifeNation.com—who presented: Managing Stress in a Real-time World.
Throughout the event, conference attendees mingled through the targeted Exhibitor Expo.
And of course there was time to connect with friends, co-workers and business partners.
Thanks and Gratitude
A very special thank you goes out to the NAMC Corporate Committee and our event sponsors for their time and contributions to the event’s success.
Top Row: Donald Levine, Domenique Camacho Moran, Christine Herzlinger, Karen Horowitz (also a NAMC Board member)
Aoifa O’Donnell, Nancy Jacob, Alison Kilmurray, Alison LaFerlita, Joan Convery, Jennifer B. Cona
Bottom Row: Lori Slepian (NAMC Board), Pat Chambers Daly, Patricia Brustman, Traci Caines
Not Pictured Above: Donna Anselmo, Toni Badolato, Linda Hoffman, Christine Bedson,Maria Keller, Barbara Church-Kattan,
Peggy Coppola, Jeff Schlossberg, Denise Davis, Jill Schneider, Kimberly Dobson, Dawn Selg, Jane C. Duggan, Ana C. Shields
For more images of the event, visit our website here. If you’re interested in becoming a 2014 Work Life Conference Sponsor, there is still time to pledge with the 2013 rates in effect! Visit our website for more information.
Lastly, additional thanks to Flo Siemsen of Flo of Pictures for donating her time and talent as a photographer to capture the memories of this year’s 18th Annual NAMC Work/Life Conference.